Radio Logo Analysis & Development

Logo Analysis


Capital FM: I like the different color contrast used of red and blue and the lining or case that surrounds the text to the left, it creates a unique sense of depth that viewers can find eye-catching. The bold red font is eye-catching as it is surrounded with cool-toned colours, this directs the viewers attention and lets more people know that its "CAPITAL". I dislike the text of "95-106" because it makes the logo seem more bulky.

Capital XTRA: I like the color contrast of a bright shocking pink and a cool dark navy, this creates an eyecatching effect, this means that the creator wants the viewers attention to be directed towards "XTRA", emphasizing that this radio station is for extras. I dislike that it follows the almost exact same design language as it's brother logo.

Capital DANCE: I dislike the very monochromatic colours, as it contrasts the genre given which is "dance" which is stereotypically more bright and energetic, I also dislike that this logo follows the same design language as capital's other logos.

Heart: I like the simplicity of the logo, being only text and replacing one letter with a heart symbol. I also like the red color chosen, which people usually correlate with red.

Classic FM: I like the simplicity of the logo, using a simple and classic font, changing the letter "f" to be italic and red, which adds a simple yet effective layer of attention grabbing detail.

LBC: I like the different boxes used which creates an effect of depth, this also adds its own unique shape. I also like the color of red, blue and black, with white lettering.

Smooth: I like the gradient used from purple to pink, it creates an effect of complexity which viewers can appreciate. However, I dislike the ribbon shape the designer used, and the bent font used as it makes the viewing and reading unpleasant.

RadioX: I like the use of the colour green because I feel that this colour is rarely used in radios, this gives the radio its own branding. I also like that the letter "X" is made from lines which can represent sound waves.

Gold: I like that the colour chosen is very on brand, being gold. I also like the simplicity of the logo and the wave shown above adds another simple yet effective layer of attention grabbing detail.

Conclusion:

I like the idea of making the letters out of lines to represent sound waves and the design of replacing a letter with a symbolic shape. Furthermore, I like the small little yet simple and effective attention grabbing details.


These are radio logos from a video game titled watchdogs, These logos all have their own unique design language, the first logo is shown to be made in bit pixels in a pink color illustrating a skull wearing headphones, this design does not show any text, which I think is more fitting for a digital logo or an app. The second logo of Bay City Pop is a white text and pink text with a unique font, in a purple circle with a city skyline silhouette on top, which I think we can use in the design of our logo. The third one features a symbol called a "grand staff" found in music sheets that is placed on a diamond with a gray gradient, which I think is quite unique. The fourth logo of radio bay station is an illustration of a yellow radio with a text block below it with a bold font emphasizing the word "BAY",  I am not quite fond of this logo as it is too blocky. The fifth logo of K66 FM Rock The Bridge radio uses a text only logo, however I like the use of placing the "FM" inside the 66, it can also be seen as an apostrophe. I also like the font or typeface chosen. The sixth logo seems to represent some sort of Latin radio, with the use of colours similar to the Mexican flag, the use of zigzag lines inside every letter adds another layer of unique detail.




Our radio is a radio based for students in regents, our logo should be heavily inspired by the existing school logo.  With that we can conclude a colour palette to create our logo:


We then created our final logo (Designed by Theo)


We finalized this design because of its simplistic nature and cool-toned colors. We, as a team liked the simplicity of a logo being based around a shape so we implemented that into our final logo. We also liked logos that were simple, yet had one feature that stood out, in this case, our logo has a radio mic that is embedded in the letter (R) which creates a layer of design to our logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment